The Plaza Cinema & Media Arts Center, in collaboration with Eastern Suffolk BOCES, introduce
A SPECIAL EDUCATOR EVENT – USING FILM AS A TEACHING TOOL
WHEN: Wednesday NOVEMBER 14, 3:30 – 5 PM
WHERE: Plaza Cinema, 20 Terry Street, Patchogue, NY 11772
Please join us for an engaging and informative event about our new Media Literacy Program.
- Learn how the program works and what the benefits are. Meet some of the people you will be collaborating with, ask questions, mingle and enjoy refreshments.
- We will screen several films and engage in interdisciplinary lessons based on common core standards while interpreting media messages that address topics such as bullying and stereotypical ideas about gender, beauty, race and other cultures.
- Each of these topics, and many others, can be used in History, LOTE, ESL, Health, ELA, Science and Art & Technology classes.
- Free lesson plans addressing common core standards will be handed out along with other pertinent information regarding the films.
- As a sincere thank you for your time, the Plaza Cinema will issue everyone a complimentary movie ticket to one of our regular movies.
WHEN: WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 14, 3:30-5 PM
WHERE: Plaza Cinema, 20 Terry Street, (Street level in the new ArtSpace Building) behind the Pat-Med Library in Patchogue.
FOR MORE INFO about us please visit: plazamac.org
PLEASE RSVP: Ellen Clyne, email@example.com, (631) 764-6670
Click HERE to download the invitation flier