Career Opportunity at The Plaza Cinema & Media Arts Center: Director of Development
The Director of Development is responsible for efficiently managing a comprehensive program of giving opportunities that include: planned,- major-, and annual giving, as well as government grants; growing relationships with volunteers, members and donors, as well as business, foundation, governmental and community leaders, seeking to create specific behaviors that advocate for financially supporting The Plaza. This full-time position will meet specific annual revenue, donor cultivation, stewardship goals, and report to Executive Director and Board of Trustees.
- Formulate, review/update and implement the annual development plan.
- Develop communications and marketing collateral relating to the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors and members.
- Implement, market and promote fundraising campaigns, appeals, and special events.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit corporations, foundations and government.
- Assist with grant research and proposal writing.
- Mange donor and membership database, including generating reports, tracking metrics, managing donor/solicitor relationships, and implementing acknowledgment routines.
- Assist in the execution of the annual report including drafting articles and generating recognition lists.
- Actively engage in the community of professional fundraisers in order to maintain a current understanding of best practices and industry standards, and represent The Plaza as an expert in the field.
Minimum three years experience in nonprofit cultural and/or media arts development and fundraising. The ideal candidate must be energetic and detail-oriented with experience managing and cultivating donors, managing budgets and databases, relationship and time management skills, excellent writing and verbal communication skills, and demonstrated supervisory experience. Occasional travel and evening hours are required to attend meetings and events. A creative and tech savvy personality with basic design and graphic arts capabilities a plus.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Start Date: January 2, 2017
Application Instructions: Email resume with references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.